17.388 exemplary webcast

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 04:07:54 EST

                       www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                            www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 08:56:35 +0000
             From: owner-bmcr-l@brynmawr.edu
             Subject: BMCR webcast: reminder

    [The following is forwarded from the BMCR distribution list as an example
    for us all.... --WM]

    Dear BMCR readers:

    A reminder that at Bryn Mawr College, on this coming Friday, November 7,
    we are hosting a Forum entitled "Jews and Christians Reading the Bible".
    This will be a conversation which takes its starting point from Mark
    Vessey's review of David Dawson's book on Christian Figural Reading (BMCR
    2002.11.16). Mark Vessey will be present; so will David Dawson and Rachel
    Havrelock. The style will be very informal, and audience participation
    will be warmly invited.

    Readers of BMCR worldwide are included in this invitation: we shall be
    webcasting the Forum live, and inviting questions and responses from you
    electronically. Please log in at 13:30 EST (18:30 GMT). We will be
    "streaming" earlier in the day, if you would like to test your ability to
    receive the webcast.

    This is the first time we have hosted such a venture. If the Forum is a
    success, we shall be looking out for subsequent reviews
    from which to develop, and webcast, such conversations.

    For further information on the Forum, and how to participate, please go
    to: http://www.brynmawr.edu/classicsforum. Edited clips from the
    proceedings will be available on the website after the event.