17.251 call for a publisher

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 01:52:54 EDT

                       www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                            www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 06:49:01 +0100
             From: Arun-Kumar Tripathi
    <tripathi@amadeus.statistik.uni-dortmund.de>
             Subject: The Technology Source Needs a New Publisher

    Dear Humanist scholars,

    Yesterday, on a scheduled call to discuss the 2004 publication year, Tom
    Schumann, MVU VP for Academic Affairs, told me that MVU, currently under a
    severe budget crunch that includes staff reductions, cannot publish The
    Technology Source past the Nov/Dec 2003 issue.

    Given this situation, MVU is willing to transfer ownership of the journal
    to a credible organization in much the same manner that UNC-Chapel Hill
    transferred it to MVU upon my retirement from UNC (i.e., no cost).
    Moreover, MVU is willing to maintain the journal on their server (with the
    domain name of the publishing organization) for cost if that organization
    wishes to do so. If we do not find a publisher, MVU will archive all
    issues we have published at http://ts.mivu.org so that they will continue
    to be available to the educational community.

    If you know of an organization/professional association that would be a
    suitable publisher, please let me know. Better yet, if you personally know
    someone at the organization/association that you can contact, please let
    them know of this situation and, if they are interested, ask them to write
    me.

    Best.

    Jim

    ----