17.195 trying to talk while being spammed

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 01:45:41 EDT

                       www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                            www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 06:42:12 +0100
             From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk>
             Subject: trying to talk while being spammed

    Dear colleagues:

    In recent days, perhaps for the last week or so, I have been receiving spam
    at the average rate of about 10 messages/hour. An efficient filter, the
    CoffeeCup Spam Blocker, has kept the hordes at bay, more or less. But
    amidst all the junk it is quite possible that messages intended for
    Humanist have found themselves amidst the undesirable invitations, offers
    and false expressions of warm and godly friendship on their way into
    oblivion. (I hope some corpus linguist is preparing to study this
    intriguing stuff. I, however, pass.) So if you have submitted a message but
    have not seen it published here, please resubmit and watch for its emergence.

    O tempora, o mores!

    Yours,
    WM

    Dr Willard McCarty | Senior Lecturer | Centre for Computing in the
    Humanities | King's College London | Strand | London WC2R 2LS || +44 (0)20
    7848-2784 fax: -2980 || willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk
    www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/wlm/