17.160 new on WWW: digital video thesis; Studies in Bibliography

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 01:47:47 EDT

                       www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                            www.princeton.edu/humanist/
                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

       [1] From: Craig Bellamy <milkbar@milkbar.com.au> (20)
             Subject: on-line digital video thesis

       [2] From: Elizabeth <ekl2e@virginia.edu> (41)
             Subject: Studies in Bibliography available as EBooks

             Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 06:38:37 +0100
             From: Craig Bellamy <milkbar@milkbar.com.au>

    From: "Craig Bellamy" <milkbar@milkbar.com.au>

    Dear Willard and Humanist,

    I would like to happily inform you that the on-line thesis 'Milkbar.com.au:
    Globalisation and the Everyday City' www.milkbar.com.au
    has been passed (subject to amendments) and awarded the PhD qualification.

    This type of research is still reasonably rare in the humanities in
    Australia (as an individual post-graduate student) and when I started this
    endeavour in 1998 there were very few models to use as templates. So in
    many ways it may be seen in the light as experimental practice.

    In reflection, the most pressing issue that the work addresses is the
    concept of on-line knowledge representation in the humanities through
    interactive digital video. I haven't really attempted to pursue established
    research methodologies in this work, but have attempted to pursue avenues
    of enquiry that are generated by exploring the possibilities of the
    technologies themselves.

    Many thanks to Adrian Miles my supervisor for providing the use of some of
    his own research at the University of Bergen and many thanks for Willard
    and Humanist subscribers for maintaining this most excellent of lists.

    best,

    (Dr) Craig Bellamy
    www.milkbar.com.au