17.109 image-enhancement: bleed-through removal

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Jun 21 2003 - 03:47:37 EDT

                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 08:43:19 +0100
             From: Eric Dubois <edubois@site.uottawa.ca>
             Subject: bleed-through removal

    I was forwarded today a copy of your message
    on image enhancement.

    I have recently done work on bleed-through removal. You can see a paper
    from a couple of years ago at the IS&T PICS conference (dubo01pics.pdf)
    and a master's thesis that was recently completed in the following we
    I put there both the complete thesis
    PatrickDanoThesis2003_final.pdf (30.1 MB)
    and the main text without appendices
    PatrickDanoThesis2003_final_main.pdf (9.5 MB)

    We have obtained interesting results but I think there is still much to be
    done and I am looking for other students to pursue this work further. I
    would appreciate hearing from you if you think there is any scope for

    Eric Dubois, Eng.
    Vice-doyen (recherche) Vice-Dean (Research)
    Facult de gnie Faculty of Engineering
    Universit d'Ottawa University of Ottawa
    161 Louis Pasteur, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 6N5 Canada
    <edubois@uottawa.ca> Tel: +1-613-562-5915 Fax: +1-613-562-5174