17.087 streaming video for lecture series?

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Jun 14 2003 - 03:52:00 EDT

                       www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 08:49:22 +0100
             From: Patrick Durusau <pdurusau@emory.edu>
             Subject: Re: 17.085 lecture series at King's College London 2003-4

    Willard,

    Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty ) wrote:

    <snip>

    >[The following is an early announcement of a major lecture series in
    >humanities computing to be held at King's College London during the 2003-4
    >academic year. We in the Centre for Computing in the Humanities and in the
    >School of Humanities at KCL are delighted to extend a cordial invitation
    >to attend these evening public lectures. A further announcement will be
    >made once the times and locations in London are set. Please circulate
    >this announcement widely. --WM]

    Sounds like a great group of lectures. Any chance that they will be
    recorded and made available over the WWW as streaming video?

    One of the most pressing needs of humanists is to overcome the requirement
    for travel to enjoy the benefit of such events. I think computing humanists
    should take the lead in demonstrating a solution to that particular
    problem. Not a deep theoretical problem concerning the use of computers in
    the humanities but not every worthy problem has that status.

    Hope you are having a great day!

    Patrick

    --
    Patrick Durusau