17.061 ACH jobs services

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 01:56:38 EDT

                       www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 06:52:18 +0100
             From: Julia Flanders <Julia_Flanders@Brown.edu>
             Subject: ACH jobs services

    A brief message conveying our deep thanks to all those who participated in
    the ACH's mentoring service at ACH-ALLC 2003, and at other times during the
    course of the year. I spoke to most of the mentees (the new term
    "telemachoi" has been suggested) who were at the conference and they all
    seemed delighted the contacts they made--they remarked on the generosity of
    the mentors in taking time not only to talk with them but also to introduce
    them to others and generally make them feel welcome. ACH-ALLC is not a
    large or forbidding conference, but its very close-knit character can make
    it a bit awkward if you're new, so having a personal contact seems to have
    been a help.

    Our mentoring services will continue throughout the year, so if you are
    interested in serving as a mentor (usually via email or telephone), or if
    you'd like to sign up to speak with a mentor, please send email to me at
    Julia_Flanders@brown.edu. This past year 10 people received mentoring, and
    we hope to expand on that this year.

    The ACH Jobs database continues to be a place to find up-to-date job
    postings in humanities computing (and I note that recently a number of new
    jobs have been added). Since April 2002, nearly 50 jobs have been posted
    including professorships (assistant, associate, and full), library posts
    (including digital library directors), consulting staff, digitization
    staff, programmers, and many other kinds of jobs. If you have a job to
    post, please consider using the database--it's easy to do.

    Both services can be found at the ACH jobs page: www.ach.org/jobs

    Thanks again to all who participated--

    Julia

    --