17.014 gray literature

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 02:47:12 EDT

                       www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 07:38:22 +0100
             From: Robert Kraft <kraft@ccat.sas.upenn.edu>
             Subject: Re: 17.012 gray literature

    Apropos Willard's longish posting, there seem to be lots of graey areas
    here (when you check online OED for "grey areas" you'll find a 1963 British
    report on semi-slumish urban areas in need of rebuilding [between healthy
    and terminal]!). "Gray/grey" designates that which is inbetween, if only we
    could determine what lies on either side. Maybe this works in a black and
    white situation ("grayscale"), but we seem to have lots of colorful shades
    inbetween.

    Bob

    kraft@ccat.sas.upenn.edu