16.646 consumptive humanities

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 01:58:12 EDT

                       www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

       [1] From: Matt Kirschenbaum (10)
                     <mgk3k@jefferson.village.Virginia.EDU>
             Subject: Re: 16.642 consumptive humanities

       [2] From: "Liz Walter" <eawalter@email.arizona.edu> (16)

       [3] From: Patrick Sahle <sahle@uni-koeln.de> (45)

       [4] From: Stephen Ramsay <sramsay@uga.edu> (40)
             Subject: Re: 16.641 the consumptive humanities?

       [5] From: "Aimée Morrison"
    <aimee.morrison@ualberta.ca> (48)

             Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 06:49:22 +0100
             From: Matt Kirschenbaum <mgk3k@jefferson.village.Virginia.EDU>

    Perhaps what we need is a catalog or database of homegrown tools that
    have been developed by members of this community. In my experience, a
    number of projects have developed tools or widgets that have either been
    expressly offered up for re-use by others, or which could be repurposed
    with only very modest effort--but it's still relatively rare to see that
    kind of borrowing and cross-fertilization. Here are examples of the sort
    of tools I have in mind:

    http://www.iath.virginia.edu/researchTools.html

    http://www.mith.umd.edu/research/projectlist.html#products

    Matt