16.614 ACH jobs mentoring

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 02:01:18 EDT

                       www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 06:52:45 +0100
             From: Julia Flanders <Julia_Flanders@BROWN.EDU>
             Subject: ACH jobs mentoring

    With apologies for cross-posting:

    The ACH Jobs workgroup is happy to announce the third year of its jobs
    mentoring service, held in conjunction with the ACH-ALLC 2003 conference in
    Athens, Georgia.

    This service matches job-seekers and new members of the humanities
    computing community with mentors in their area of interest, who can help
    them get their bearings in the complex humanities computing job market.
    Mentors offer advice on training, research opportunities, education and
    accreditation, job-seeking, and all the other ineffable questions...

    We are seeking participants for both roles! If you would like to be a
    mentor, or if you would like to be mentored, please send email to
    Julia_Flanders@brown.edu. Please indicate your area(s) of interest,
    expertise, and training (and for mentors, please also tell me what you are
    currently doing).

    We will put mentees in touch with an appropriate mentor and let you set up
    a mutually convenient time to meet. If you'd like to participate, but
    won't be at ACH-ALLC, that's also fine--you can meet via email or
    telephone. Our mentoring service continues throughout the year, so we are
    glad to have mentors in reserve.

    Thanks to all who have generously volunteered to mentor in the past, and
    thanks in advance to those who join us this year.

    Best wishes, Julia
    ACH Jobs committee

    --
    Julia Flanders