16.540 more postdocs in humanities computing!

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 03:48:08 EST

                       www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 08:36:51 +0000
             From: cwulfman <cwulfman@perseus.tufts.edu>
             Subject: Re: 16.533 postdocs in humanities computing

    I'll jump on the band-wagon Aime Morrison started: the Perseus Project
    currently employs three postdoctoral research associates (yours truly is
    one) and, like the Orlando Project, has had numerous postdocs over the years.

    I say this not so much to toot horns as to add more data to support the
    contention that humanities computing research work is gaining respect: it
    would be interesting to get some numbers on how many humanities-computing
    postdocs there are out there, and, more important, how many of them are
    going on to tenure-track jobs or other employment in academia, where the
    real measure of respect for the field might be taken.

    Clifford E. Wulfman
    Editor for Literature in English
    Perseus Project
    Tufts University