16.294 manuscript editing and e-publishing?

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty (w.mccarty@btinternet.com)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 02:15:01 EDT

                       www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/
                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 07:11:50 +0100
             From: "A.IJ. van Gosliga" <a.y.van.gosliga@let.leidenuniv.nl>
             Subject: manuscript editing and e-publishing

    Dear All,

    I'm collecting information about projects that combine(d) manuscript editing
    (both facsimile and critical) and electronic publishing technology.

    I realize this is a very broad topic, as it may include themes like text
    encoding (SGML/XML, TEI, ..), digital imaging, text archiving, electronic
    libraries, etc. Nonetheless, if you're involved in such a project yourself,
    or if you know about any existing overviews, please help me by replying to
    this e-mail.

    It would be interesting to learn about:
       - names of projects you know about
       - subject, scope, goals, objectives
       - technologies used
       - publication form (web/cd/dvd/paper/..)
       - related publications (including url's)

    Zooming in from the general to the specific, my special interest is in
    electronic publishing projects that have to do with Islamic manuscripts and
    editions, and related topics.

    Many thanks,
    Aernold van Gosliga

    Drs. A.IJ. van Gosliga