16.164 commercial & individual notices of publication

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty (w.mccarty@btinternet.com)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 11:31:12 EDT

       [1] From: Willard McCarty <w.mccarty@btinternet.com> (8)
             Subject: Re: 16.161 commercial & individual notices of
                     publication

       [2] From: Arun-Kumar Tripathi (23)
                     <tripathi@amadeus.statistik.uni-dortmund.de>
             Subject: 16.159 commercial & individual notices of publication

             Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 07:14:39 -0700
             From: Willard McCarty <w.mccarty@btinternet.com>

    From: Norman Hinton <hinton@springnet1.com>

    I don't like getting ads in my e-mail whether they are spam or for
    scholarly publications.

    In medieval studies, we have an on-line review List which brings scholarly
    reviews of new medieval publications - the reviewing standards are the same as
    in scholarly journals. I must prefer that.
    But is they were all in one note and it hd a title like "ads", or "scholarly
    spam" then we could skip them.