16.120 new on WWW: history site

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty (w.mccarty@btinternet.com)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 02:51:49 EDT

             Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 07:36:26 +0100
             From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk>
             Subject: Fwd: Best of History Website

    The following may be of interest to Humanists who teach history and to
    others who are in need of examples for exercises on evaluation of Web-sites.

    Yours,
    WM

    >Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:26:45 -0400
    >From: "Tom Daccord" <root@besthistorysites.net>
    >>
    >Dear Willard:
    >
    >I would like to introduce you to Best of History Web Sites at
    >www.besthistorysites.net. Designed for history educators and
    >students, Best of History Web Sites is a useful portal that
    >provides convenient access to many of the best history resources
    >online. Best of History Web Sites includes descriptions and
    >ratings of hundreds of excellent history-oriented web sites, all
    >organized into ten main categories: Prehistory, Ancient History,
    >Medieval History, U.S History, Early Modern European History, 20th
    >Century History, World War II History, Art History, General
    >History Resources, and Maps. There are also three special
    >categories: Lesson Plans/ Activities, Multimedia, and Research.
    >Best of History Web Sites also contains a special informative
    >section on Teaching With Technology that offers articles and
    >advice about integrating computers in the classroom. In this
    >section you will also find links to dozens of useful resources on
    >educational technology. Finally, visitors to Best of History Web
    >Sites can receive monthly e-mail updates on history sites and
    >technology education by filling out the contact form.

    >Thank you for your time.
    >
    >Tom Daccord
    >History Teacher/Instructional Technology Consultant
    >root@besthistorysites.net OR thomas_daccord@nobles.edu

    Dr Willard McCarty, Senior Lecturer,
    Centre for Computing in the Humanities, King's College London,
    Strand, London WC2R 2LS, U.K.,
    +44 (0)20 7848-2784, ilex.cc.kcl.ac.uk/wlm/,
    willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk, w.mccarty@btinternet.com