16.114 humanities computing in Italy

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty (w.mccarty@btinternet.com)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 01:45:08 EDT

             Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 06:42:21 +0100
             From: Willard McCarty <w.mccarty@btinternet.com>
             Subject: humanities computing in Italy

    [The following is sent on behalf of Domenico Fiormonte,
    <d.fiormonte@mclink.it>. --WM]

    In a private message sent to several foreign colleagues, computing
    humanists, regarding the situation of HC in Italy, I gave some political
    background that reflected - inevitably - my personal thoughts.
    These thoughts of course do not represent the 123 signatoires of the
    document sent out to our Minister of Education (see
    http://www.unitus.it/lingue/docenti/informatica/appello/).

    Consequently, I owe my apologies to all, and especially to Willard McCarty,
    who have generously supported our initiative.

    Thanks again to all the people who have signed the online document.

    If interested in further developments (including the Minister's answer, if
    any), please check regularly the web site mentioned above.

    Bests

    Domenico Fiormonte

    Dr Willard McCarty, Senior Lecturer,
    Centre for Computing in the Humanities, King's College London,
    Strand, London WC2R 2LS, U.K.,
    +44 (0)20 7848-2784, ilex.cc.kcl.ac.uk/wlm/,
    willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk, w.mccarty@btinternet.com