16.067 highly constrained languages (& who was alert?)

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty (w.mccarty@btinternet.com)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 02:42:15 EDT

       [1] From: "Jim Marchand" <marchand@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> (71)
             Subject: Re: 16.064 highly constrained language?

       [2] From: kraft@ccat.sas.upenn.edu (Robert Kraft) (48)

       [3] From: George Whitesel <whitesel@jsucc.jsu.edu> (20)
             Subject: [Fwd: [Fwd: 16.064 highly constrained language?]]

             Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:18:03 +0100
             From: "Jim Marchand" <marchand@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>

    We had a long thread years ago on constrained languages and on such things
    as lipogrammatic messages. I guess most of the theoretic discussion on
    constrained languages occurred during the Basic English (le francais
    fondamental, Grunddeutsch) of the late 30's and early 40's. Some felt even
    that Basic English was more expressive than non-constrained English, etc.
    etc.