15.613 problems with Humanist

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty (w.mccarty@btinternet.com)
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 05:55:17 EDT

             Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 10:53:34 +0100
             From: Willard McCarty <w.mccarty@btinternet.com>
             Subject: problems

    Dear colleagues:

    Two problems to report.

    (1) Non-appearing messages.

    The URGENT message immediately preceding this one, about ALLC/ACH
    pre-registration, was sent to Humanist on the date given in the header, 10
    April. Unfortunately I did not see it, and only the vigilance of the
    conference organizer can be credited with its posting today. I cannot
    account for the non-appearance of this message; I can only suspect that its
    arrival was obscured in the very large number of junk e-mails I receive
    every day through all three accounts I regularly use. I have no solution to
    the problem of lost messages other than your cooperation. PLEASE watch for
    the publication of any messages you send, and alert me if they do not
    appear within a day or two.

    (2) The English-or-Latin-only problem

    Investigation of the cause for this problem is currently stalled, but I
    will be making another attempt to push it along shortly. Please be patient.
    Lignum et lapides docebunt te!

    Yours,
    WM

    Dr Willard McCarty, Senior Lecturer,
    Centre for Computing in the Humanities, King's College London,
    Strand, London WC2R 2LS, U.K.,
    +44 (0)20 7848-2784, ilex.cc.kcl.ac.uk/wlm/,
    willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk, w.mccarty@btinternet.com