15.413 conferences, workshop, summer seminar

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: Sat Dec 15 2001 - 05:25:34 EST

       [1] From: John Lavagnino <John.Lavagnino@kcl.ac.uk> (13)
             Subject: Computer-related sessions at the 2001 MLA Convention

       [2] From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org> (162)
             Subject: Conference/Call: Digital Resources for the Humanities
                     Sept 8-11: Edinburgh

       [3] From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org> (40)
             Subject: WORKSHOP: Digitization for Cultural Heritage
                     Professionals 2002

       [4] From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org> (28)
             Subject: Grindstone Island Summer Seminars in Cultural
                     Informatics

             Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 10:12:29 +0000
             From: John Lavagnino <John.Lavagnino@kcl.ac.uk>

    Some Humanist readers may be attending this year's Modern Language
    Association convention in New Orleans at the end of the month. There
    are a number of talks on humanities computing and related subjects at
    the MLA, and to help those interested in finding them, the Association
    for Computers and the Humanities has compiled a guide to these talks,
    based on the convention program. It is available at:

          http://www.ach.org/mla01/guide.html

    As always, the list has some interest even if you're not attending:
    comparing this list with those from past years is a good way to get an
    idea of changing trends. This year the number of relevant talks is
    down slightly as the academic market follows the stock market, but
    there are still many and diverse things going on.

    John Lavagnino