15.336 Giuseppe Gigliozzi

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 03:37:41 EST

             Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 08:32:31 +0000
             From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk>
             Subject: Giuseppe Gigliozzi

    Dear colleagues:

    My sad duty is to inform you of the death of Giuseppe Gigliozzi, 3 o' clock
    on Sunday morning, after an illness discovered during the summer. Giuseppe
    was Lecturer in the Department of Linguistic and Literary Studies, Faculty
    of Letters, La Sapienza University (Rome), well known in modern Italian
    literary studies, literary theory and humanities computing. He was deeply
    loved as a teacher and colleague, greatly respected and is missed by all
    who had the good fortune to have known him. His loss to us is a terrible
    blow. Giuseppe leaves behind his wife Cristina, his daughter Ginevra and
    his son Gianandrea. The funeral will take place today, 30 October, at 11
    o'clock in Rome, in the church of S. Croce in Via Guido Reni.

    My thanks to Fabio Ciotti, Lou Burnard and Elisabeth Burr for letting me know.

    Yours,
    WM

    -----
    Dr Willard McCarty / Senior Lecturer /
    Centre for Computing in the Humanities / King's College London /
    Strand / London WC2R 2LS / U.K. /
    +44 (0)20 7848-2784 / ilex.cc.kcl.ac.uk/wlm/