15.325 preventing copies from CDs?

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 01:39:04 EDT

             Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 06:23:49 +0100
             From: W Schipper <schipper@morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
             Subject: Preventing copies from CD-ROM

    I want to include a CD with images from a manuscript to accompany a study
    of the MS, but the library is reluctant to give permission unless I can
    find some way to prevent images from being copied from the CD, either
    by printing or saving them to disk.

    One of my colleagues here suggested ebook, by Adobe, but I cannot find much
    information about it, other than that it is free to download and is used to
    read electronic books. I'm assuming that Adobe also sells software that
    allows one to format materials so that they are protected.

    As far as I can tell, HTML code in general does not allow this kind of
    protection. Perhaps a javascript or stylesheets could, but I haven't
    really explored that yet.

    Can someone enlighten me or point me in another direction if I'm going down a
    garden path with Adobe?

    Thank you.

    Bill

    --
    Dr. W. Schipper                     Email: schipper@mun.ca
    Department of English,              Tel: 709-737-4406