15.262 statement on the Sept 11th events

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 02:27:06 EDT

             Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 07:15:43 +0100
             From: Peter Liddell <pgl@uvic.ca>
             Subject: statement on the Sept 11th events

    "The events of 11 September 2001: Statement composed jointly by CALICO,
    EUROCALL and IALLT

    The representatives of the professional associations CALICO, EUROCALL and
    IALLT, and others working together as WorldCALL, wish to express their
    shock at the unprovoked attack on innocent people in the USA on 11
    September 2001. We extend our sympathy to the families, friends and loved
    ones of those who died, and confirm our commitment to working towards
    greater human understanding and cross-cultural communication through the
    teaching and learning of languages."

    for CALICO: Bob Fischer, President,
            http://calico.org
    for EUROCALL: Bernd Rschoff, President,
            http://www.eurocall.org
    for IALLT: David Pankratz, President; Peter Liddell, President-Elect
            http://iallt.org/
    for WorldCALL, Graham Davies,
            http://www.worldcall.org/