15.241 WordNet 1.7 in alphabetic and XML form

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 03:42:57 EDT

             Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 08:37:25 +0100
             From: Ken Litkowski <ken@clres.com>
             Subject: WordNet 1.7 in alphabetic and XML form

    I am making freely available a complete conversion of WordNet and all
    its data into alphabetic dictionaries (all relations are preserved and
    glosses have been taken apart). These dictionaries are viewable only in
    my PC-only DIMAP software.

    I have made available a demo version that contains all the functionality
    necessary for viewing, editing, maintaining, extending, and conversion
    into user-defined formats. I have included a user-defined template for
    the complete conversion of WordNet into XML. The dictionaries are 15 MB
    compressed and 55 MB uncompressed. The XML versions may be up to 300
    MB. The template and accompanying DTD and XML Schema can be modified.

    To obtain the demo, click on the Demos button at my web site. To obtain
    WordNet, click on the Electronic Dictionaries button.

    Many errors in conversion may appear in these files, particularly in my
    treatment of the glosses. Please report any problems to me, not the
    folks at WordNet. The conversion only takes a few hours (and can in
    fact be accomplished via the functionality available in the demo), so I
    can improve and periodically update both the demo and the files.

    I hope that this small contribution may help our abilities to
    communicate in these difficult times.

    (Apologies for cross-posting.)

            Ken

    --
    Ken Litkowski                     TEL.: 301-482-0237
    CL Research                       EMAIL: ken@clres.com