14.0603 new on WWW: DLib, Ariadne; The Humanities and the Sciences (ACLS)

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 16:52:20 EST

       [1] From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org> (196)
             Subject: D-Lib (Jan 2000) & Ariadne (26) now available online

       [2] From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk> (66)
             Subject: new ACLS occasional report

             Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 20:42:56 +0000
             From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org>

    NINCH ANNOUNCEMENT
    News on Networking Cultural Heritage Resources
    from across the Community

                   January 2001 issue of D-Lib Magazine now available
                                <http://www.dlib.org/>http://www.dlib.org/
                   http://www.dlib.org/dlib/january01/01contents.html.

                              Ariadne 26 now available
                          <<http://www.ariadne.ac.uk/issue26/>http://www.ariadne.ac.uk/issue26/>

    The latest issues of D-Lib magazine, from Cornell University, and Ariadne,
    from the UK's Office of Library networking are now available online.

    David Green
    ===========

                   January 2001 issue of D-Lib Magazine now available
                                <http://www.dlib.org/>http://www.dlib.org/
                   http://www.dlib.org/dlib/january01/01contents.html.

    >Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:10:54 -0500
    >From: Bonnie Wilson <bwilson@cnri.reston.va.us>
    >To: Dlib-subscribers@dlib.org
    >>available.

    Greetings:

    The January 2001 issue of D-Lib Magazine
    <http://www.dlib.org/>http://www.dlib.org/ is now available. The table of
    contents is at
    <http://www.dlib.org/dlib/january01/01contents.html>http://www.dlib.org/dlib/january01/01contents.html.

    The January issue contains Caroline Arms review of the
    book, "The Intellectual Foundation of Information
    Organization," by Elaine Svenonius, and an opinion piece
    entitled "Commercial Digital Libraries and the Academic
    Community: How New Firms Might Develop New Relationships
    between "Publisher" and Higher Education," by Gregrory
    Crane.

    This issue also contains four articles, seven 'In
    Brief' items, and a generous selection of 'Clips and
    Pointers'. The Featured Collection for the January issue is
    "Introduction to the Plant Kingdom," a web site created by
    Dr. C.M. Sean Carrington, University of the West Indies.

    [material deleted]

                              Ariadne 26 now available
                          <<http://www.ariadne.ac.uk/issue26/>http://www.ariadne.ac.uk/issue26/>

    >From: Philip Hunter <lispjh@UKOLN.AC.UK>
    >Subject: Ariadne 26 now available

    Ariadne 26 is now available at:
    <<http://www.ariadne.ac.uk/issue26/>http://www.ariadne.ac.uk/issue26/>http://www.ariadne.ac.uk/issue26/

    ***

    This issue features several articles focussing on the UK Electronic
    Libraries Programme and a retrospective overview by the former Director of
    the Programme, Chris Rusbridge. Ariadne 26 also features an introductory
    article on the "Distributed National Electronic Resource," by Stephen
    Pinfield and Lorcan Dempsey. Plus two articles on the role of e-commerce in
    Higher Education.

    Ariadne also features a review of the Preservation 2000 conference in York.

    [material deleted]

    Ariadne issues 27 and 28 now preparation. Suggestions for content should be
    sent to the Ariadne Editorial Office at:
    <<mailto:ariadne@ukoln.ac.uk>mailto:ariadne@ukoln.ac.uk>ariadne@ukoln.ac.uk

    Copy deadline for issue 27 is March 5, 2001. Copy Deadline for issue 28 is
    June 4,
    2001.

    [material deleted]