14.0580 conferences, seminar, sessions

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 01/09/01

             Subject: TCC 2001 ONLINE CONFERENCE: Final Call For Proposals &

             Subject: XSLT conference, UK, April 2001

             Subject: FG/MOL First Call For Papers

             Subject: ichim2001: Submission Deadline

             Subject: Text Summarization/Document Understanding Conference

             Subject: 2nd CfP: Workshop on "Coordination & Action" at ESSLLI

             Subject: NFAIS seminar on Fair Use: Jan. 25, 2001, Washington,

       [8]   From:    NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org>                    (78)
             Subject: Computer-related sessions at the College Art
                     Association in Chicago

             Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 11:16:48 +0000
             From: lachance@chass.utoronto.ca (Francois Lachance)
    Registration (fwd)

      > [Hauoli Makahiki Hou! (Happy New Year)
      > Apologies to those receiving multiple copies of this message. -bk]
      >
      > TCC 2001 FINAL CALL FOR PROPOSALS
      >
      > THE INTERNET & LEARNING
      > What Have We Discovered and Where Are We Headed?
      > Sixth Annual Teaching in the Community Colleges Online Conference
      > April 17-19, 2001
      >
      > Web site: <http://leahi.kcc.hawaii.edu/org/tcon2001>
      > EXTENDED Proposal Deadline: January 12, 2001
      >
      > The deadline for proposals for the Sixth Annual TCC Online Conference on
      > Teaching and Learning has been extended to January 12, 2001. The
      > conference theme is "The Internet & Learning: What Have We Discovered and
      > Where Are We Headed?" We encourage college faculty, staff and
      > administrators to submit proposals that relate to using the Internet to
      > deliver, manage, or support instruction in an online or traditional
      > classroom.
      >
      > TRACKS
      > * Online & Traditional Course Preparation and Delivery
      > * Classroom Communications
      > * Online Student Services
      > * Academic Support Services
      > * Online Degrees, Programs & Virtual Colleges
      > * Courseware and Communication Technologies
      > * Social Issues & Online Behavior

    [material deleted]

             Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 11:22:55 +0000
             From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu>

       >> From: "Sebastian Rahtz,,,"
       >> <sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>

    XSLT-UK. The first XSLT conference.
    -----------------------------------

    The first XSLT-UK conference will take place in the UK, Sunday and
    Monday, 8-9 April 2001 in Keble College, Oxford, England. We now have
    our speakers lined up, the venue is booked, and it is looking good for
    an interesting two days.

    The announce is at http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsltuk/, and
    registration is open, at http://users.ox.ac.uk/~rahtz/regform.html

    The conference is priced reasonably, and if you are really new to XSLT,
    then Ken Holman's two day course is set to run on Friday and Saturday,
    6th and 7th April 2001. This provides an ideal introduction to XSLT.

    SPEAKERS:

    * Jeni Tennison (Jeni Tennison Consulting Ltd): XSLT Design Patterns

    * Michael Kay (ICL): XSLT performance

    * Jacek Ambroziak (CrossGain Corporation, formerly Sun Microsystems):
    The XSLT Compiler for the JVM

    * Norm Walsh (Sun): Building and maintaining the Docbook XSL family

    * Steve Muench (Oracle Corporation): XSLT and Databases: A Compelling
    Combination for Web Apps

    * Tom Kaiser (Ginger Alliance, Prague, Czech Republic): Charlie - an
    XML application framework

    * Wolfgang Emmerich (Dept. of Computer Science, University College
    London): Markup Meets Middleware

    * Leigh Dodds (xmlhack.com, ingenta ltd): Schematron: validating XML
    using XSLT

    * Mario Jeckle (DaimlerChrysler Research and Technology): Using XSLT
    to derive schemata from UML

    * Ben Robb (cScape Strategic Internet Services Ltd): Creating a diary
    application using XSLT

    * Evan Lenz (XYZFind Corp.): XSLT as a Query Language

    * Arved Sandstrom (e-plicity): Implementing XSL formatting objects

    * G. Ken Holman (Crane Softwrights Ltd.): Experiments Using XSLT With
    Topic Maps