14.0546 corporate universities

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 12/07/00

       [1]   From:    "Norman D. Hinton" <hinton@springnet1.com>          (10)
             Subject: Re: 14.0543 corporate universities

       [2]   From:    "Michael S. Hart" <hart@prairienet.org>             (42)

       [3]   From:    mc9809@mclink.it                                    (96)
             Subject: corporate university: Dewey's response

       [4]   From:    lachance@chass.utoronto.ca (Francois Lachance)      (44)

             Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 07:39:47 +0000
             From: "Norman D. Hinton" <hinton@springnet1.com>

    I guess it depends on what those people mean by "university" --
    MacDonald's has run "Hamburger University" for many years, teaching
    people how to flip burgers without breaking them, how to avoid getting
    burned with deep-frying fat,  how to become an Assistant Manager, etc.
    I find that only amusing.

    I do think, though, that the chance that some CEO or other exec would be
    able to create a "real University" (or, from what I've seen of Colleges
    of Business including the one at my school) laughable and dismaying, and
    I wish we could nail down the rights to the word, as if it were a wine
    variety....