14.0536 corporate universities & events relating to

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 12/02/00

             Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 10:11:54 +0000
             From: "James L. Morrison" <morrison@unc.edu>
             Subject: Virtual/Corporate Universities and e-Learning Conferences

    Jeanne Meister, president of Corporate University Xchange(CUX), who I
    interviewed in the July/August 2000 issue of The Technology Source
    (http://horizon.unc.edu/TS/vision/2000-07.asp) on the topic of corporate
    universities, asked me to mention the first two CUX events of 2001. She
    has offered a registration discount to TS readers.

    The first conference is in San Francisco February 4-7 titled "Designing a
    Virtual University: Strategies for Enterprise-wide e-Learning." The second
    will be held in Las Vegas, May 5-9 and is titled "Corporate Universities
    2001: Benchmarks for Learning in the Digital Economy."  Descriptions of
    the San Francisco and Las Vegas programs may be found at
    http://www.corpu.com/conferences/sf2001/sf2001home.html  and
    http://www.corpu.com/conferences/lv2001/lv2001index.html respectively.

    I was impressed during my interview with Jeanne that there are currently
    more than 1,600 organizations titled "corporate universities," "corporate
    colleges," or "institutes for learning." She expects this number to rise
    to more than 2,000 in the next few years, and forecasts that by the year
    2010 or so, corporate universities will outnumber traditional
    universities. Both conferences feature today's most successful corporate
    sector learning innovators addressing the issues that e-learners and those
    organizations making the transition to e-learning are confronting and how
    we can use this information to design online learning courses and
    programs.

    Jeanne offered the discount because she wants to influence the mix of
    people at the conferences (corporate and traditional educator). If you are
    interested in attending either conference, forward this email note to the
    CUX's registrar, Christine Schmidt (cschmidt@corpu.com), telling her which
    conference you want to attend. Christine will offer you the discount on
    registration.

    Best.

    Jim
    --
    James L. Morrison                morrison@unc.edu
    Professor of Education           CB 3500 Peabody Hall