14.0503 is the switch on or off?

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 11/20/00

             Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 07:20:19 +0000
             From: John Lavagnino <John.Lavagnino@kcl.ac.uk>
             Subject: Interfaces

    Attempting today to decipher the icons on the complicated thermostat
    in my office, I was reminded of a list posting I read years and years
    ago, by Donald Norman on the problem of the on-off switch on the
    personal computer:

         <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/16.49.html#subj6.1>

    Such things have only gotten more involved in recent years; there's a
    periodic call for simplicity and clarity in the design of machines,
    but I don't think we're getting there very fast and there are a lot of
    reasons why that's so...

    John Lavagnino