14.0493 Spectra: digital imaging issue

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 11/15/00

             Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:17:46 +0000
             From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org>
             Subject: RESOURCES: Digital Imaging Issue of SPECTRA

    NINCH ANNOUNCEMENT
    News on Networking Cultural Heritage Resources
    from across the Community
    November 14, 2000

                            Museum Computer Network Announces
                       Special Issue of SPECTRA on Digital Imaging
                               <http://www.mcn.edu/espectra/>http://www.mcn.edu/espectra/

     >Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 11:47:41 -0800
     >To: visual-information@listserv.mcn.edu, mcn-l@listserv.mcn.edu
     >From: Guenter Waibel <guenter@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
     >>
     >Hi Everybody,
     >
     >I am pleased to announce that a Special Digital Imaging Issue of "Spectra"
     >will be shipping on November 22nd.  Let leaders in the field give you an
     >update on state of the art digital imaging in a museum or archival setting!
     >
     >As the guest editor of this issue, I'd especially like to point your
     >attention to an article by photographer Ben Blackwell investigating the
     >light exposure of sensitive objects during direct digital capture, and a
     >piece by renowned photoshop expert Bruce Fraser discussing color
     >management in archival image files. However, I think you'll find all of
     >the contributions rewarding and well worth your attention.
     >
     >The complete list of articles:
     >
     >* Jill Marie Koelling - Digital Imaging: The New Photographic Research Tool
     >* Carol Hernandez & Robin Lilien - Building a Digital Archive
     >* Dr. S.K. Hastings - What are Digital Image Managers?
     >* Ben Blackwell - Light Exposure to Sensitive Artworks During Digital
     >Photography
     >* Dr Norbert Lossau & Martin Liebetruth - Conservation Issues in Digital
     >Imaging
     >* Guenter Waibel - A Holistic Approach to Digital Assets Management
     >* Eileen C. Mathias - The Albert M. Greenfield Digital Imaging Center
     >* Andrew S. Long - Practical Approach to Color Management
     >* Trudy Levy - Do you See What I See?
     >* Bruce Fraser - Issues in Digital Archiving
     >* Colin C. Venters and Dr. Mathew D. Cooper - Content Based Image Retrieval
     >
     >If you are already a member of MCN, you will automatically receive a copy
     >of SPECTRA.  Non-members may order the individual issue for $20 from:
     >
     >Membership Services Office
     >1550 S. Coast Hwy Suite 201
     >Laguna Beach, CA 9265
     >phone: (877) 626-3800
     >fax: (949) 376-3456
     >
     >Thanks,
     >
     >Guenter Waibel
     >--
     >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     >Guenter Waibel
     >Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive
     >Digital Media Developer
     ><http://www.bampfa.berkeley.edu/>http://www.bampfa.berkeley.edu/
     >Digital Imaging SIG Chair, MCN
     ><http://www.mcn.edu/visig_subscribe.taf>http://www.mcn.edu/visig_subscribe.taf
     >guenter@uclink4.berkeley.edu
     >Phone   510-643-8655
     >Fax     510-642-4889
     >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    NINCH-Announce is an announcement listserv, produced by the National
    Initiative for a Networked Cultural Heritage (NINCH). The subjects of
    announcements are not the projects of NINCH, unless otherwise noted;
    neither does NINCH necessarily endorse the subjects of announcements. We
    attempt to credit all re-distributed news and announcements and appreciate
    reciprocal credit.

    For questions, comments or requests to un-subscribe, contact the editor:
    <<mailto:david@ninch.org>mailto:david@ninch.org>
    See and search back issues of NINCH-ANNOUNCE at
    <<http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninch-announce/>http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninch-announce/>.