14.0456 XML and the WWW

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 11/01/00

       [1]   From:    Christian Wittern <wittern@mail.iis.sinica.edu.tw>  (18)
             Subject: Re: 14.0449 XML and the Web

       [2]   From:    "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu>           (34)

       [3]   From:    "Osher Doctorow" <osher@ix.netcom.com>              (26)
             Subject: Re: 14.0448 characteristics of the Web

             Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 07:53:07 +0000
             From: Christian Wittern <wittern@mail.iis.sinica.edu.tw>

    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk> writes:

      > Dear Dr Wittern:
      >
      > Thanks for this. I note that the Topicmaps site is registered but has
      > no content. Perhaps you would like to say more about this?

    I am sorry, I was quoting from memory... The URL should have been
    http://www.topicmaps.com -- somehow propably I felt that this belongs
    more to the ORG domain.
    There are a lot of other URL's worth mentioning. One of them is at
    http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/topicMaps.html.
    I am far too busy to look for the other :-) No, seriously, I think the
    above will give everybody a good start at investigating Topicmaps.

    [material deleted]

       Dr. Christian Wittern
       Chung-Hwa Institute of Buddhist Studies
       276, Kuang Ming Road, Peitou 112