14.0410 public hearing on the impact of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (U.S.)

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 10/25/00

             Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 20:11:16 +0100
             From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org>
             Subject: DMCA Hearings

    NINCH ANNOUNCEMENT
    News on Networking Cultural Heritage Resources
    from across the Community
    October 24, 2000

                      DMCA Public Hearing: Nov 29, 2000
                  Deadline for Requests to Testify: Nov 24
                  <http://www.loc.gov/copyright/fedreg/65fr63626.html>http://www.loc.gov/copyright/fedreg/65fr63626.html

    A public hearing on the impact of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act on
    the "First Sale" doctrine will take place Wed Nov 29 at the Library of
    Congress.

    This follows the June 5 request for comments. 30 initial written comments
    were received
    <<http://www.loc.gov/copyright/reports/studies/dmca/comments/>http://www.loc.gov/copyright/reports/studies/dmca/comments/>

    and 16 replies
    <<http://www.loc.gov/copyright/reports/studies/dmca/reply/>http://www.loc.gov/copyright/reports/studies/dmca/reply/>.

    Readers are directed especially to the statement made by the Library
    Associations:
    <<http://www.loc.gov/copyright/reports/studies/dmca/reply/Reply008.pdf>http://www.loc.gov/copyright/reports/studies/dmca/reply/Reply008.pdf>

    The hearing will be held in Room LM-414 of the Library of Congress, James
    Madison Memorial Building, 101 Independence Avenue, S.E., Washington D.C.
    20540 from 9:30a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 29.

    All requests to testify must be received by the Copyright Office and the
    National Telecommunications and Information Administration by November 24,
    2000. Requests must be accompanied by a one-page summary of the intended
    testimony.

    David Green
    ===========

     >Date:         Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:45:50 -0400
     >>From: Copyright News <COPYNEWS@loc.gov>

     >U.S. Copyright Office
     >NewsNet
     >
     >October 24, 2000
     >Issue 106

     >For additional information, visit the Copyright Office
     >homepage at
     ><http://www.loc.gov/copyright>http://www.loc.gov/copyright </a>
     >CONTENTS
     >
     >* News *
     >
     >Federal Register
     >
     >United States Copyright Office and National Telecommunications and
     >Information
     >Administration Announce Hearing (65 FR 63626)
     >
     >* Calendar *
     >
     >* To Subscribe/Unsubscribe to NewsNet *

     >* NEWS *
     >
     >--------------Federal Register---------------
     >
     >UNITED STATES COPYRIGHT OFFICE AND NATIONAL
     >TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND INFORMATION ADMINISTRATION
     >ANNOUNCE HEARING (65 FR 63626)
     >
     >   The United States Copyright Office and the National
     >Telecommunications and Information Administration announce a
     >public hearing on the effects of the amendments made by
     >title I of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and
     >the development of electronic commerce on the operation of
     >sections 109 and 117 of title 17, United States Code; and
     >the relationship between existing and emerging technology
     >and the operation of such sections.
     >   The public hearing will be held in Room LM-414 of the
     >Library of Congress, James Madison Memorial Building, 101
     >Independence Avenue, S.E., Washington D.C. 20540 from 9:30
     >a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 29.
     >   All requests to testify must be received by the
     >Copyright Office and the National Telecommunications and
     >Information Administration by November 24, 2000. Requests
     >must be accompanied by a one-page summary of the intended
     >testimony.
     >

     >For the complete text of Federal Register announcements,
     >visit the Copyright Office Website at
     ><<http://www.loc.gov/copyright>http://www.loc.gov/copyright>
     >http://www.loc.gov/copyright or the Government Printing Office Website at
     ><<http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/aces/aces140.html>http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/aces/aces140.html>

     >http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/aces/aces140.html

     >* CALENDAR *
     >
     >November 24: Requests to testify at November 29 hearing are
     >due on this date by 5:00 p.m. eastern standard time (65 FR
     >63626)
     >
     >November 29: Hearing from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on effects
     >of DMCA title I amendments and the development of electronic
     >commerce and associated technology on the operation of
     >sections 109 and 117 of title 17; and relationship between
     >existing and emergent technology and the operation of those
     >sections (65 FR 63626)
     >
     >December 1: Next projected publication date for NIEs and NIE
     >corrections (65 FR 46873)

     ><a
> [...]

    NINCH-Announce is an announcement listserv, produced by the National
    Initiative for a Networked Cultural Heritage (NINCH). The subjects of
    announcements are not the projects of NINCH, unless otherwise noted;
    neither does NINCH necessarily endorse the subjects of announcements. We
    attempt to credit all re-distributed news and announcements and appreciate
    reciprocal credit.

    For questions, comments or requests to un-subscribe, contact the editor:
    <<mailto:david@ninch.org>mailto:david@ninch.org>
    See and search back issues of NINCH-ANNOUNCE at
    <<http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninch-announce/>http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninch-announce/>.