14.0403 primitives &c, cognitive connections

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 10/22/00

       [1]   From:    "Osher Doctorow" <osher@ix.netcom.com>              (37)
             Subject: Re: 14.0396 primitives, argumentation, markup and
                     evidence

       [2]   From:    Randall Pierce <rpierce@jsucc.jsu.edu>              (11)
             Subject: Cognitive connections

             Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 07:29:55 +0100
             From: "Osher Doctorow" <osher@ix.netcom.com>
             Subject: Re: 14.0396 primitives, argumentation, markup and evidence

    I must agree with Randall Pierce, although my language is slightly different
    and my focus is slightly different.  I have recently argued on H-War that
    Creative Geniuses play a game unlike most others, in which each move is an
    equation or inequality or, in humanist language, a relationship
    between/among variables and/or constants.  In warfare, the
    equations/inequalities are new ones deliberately created by the strategist,
    or in humanist language a Trap is created by coordinating several variables
    in ways that they have not been usually coordinated before.  Outside of
    warfare, the equations/inequalities are usually not new ones, but they
    involve slight changes in axioms, assumptions, and even definitions to
    change the focus to what really is the unsolved problem of interest - asking
    the right questions in Randall's terminology.

    Osher