14.0372 symposia, conferences & other meetings

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 10/18/00

       [1]   From:    Geoffrey Rockwell <grockwel@mcmaster.ca>            (25)
             Subject: Symposium

       [2]   From:    Arun-Kumar Tripathi <tripathi@statistik.uni-        (93)
                     dortmund.de>
             Subject: CONFERENCE on "NEW TECHNOLOGIES OF GENDER" at
                     University of California, Santa Cruz..seems..important

       [3]   From:    Arun-Kumar Tripathi <tripathi@statistik.uni-        (46)
                     dortmund.de>
             Subject: [event by Joseph Nechvatal]Opening of "ec-satyricOn
                     2000 (enhanced)+ bodies in the bit-stream (compliant)"

       [4]   From:    NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org>                   (292)
             Subject: National Academies Research on Intellectual Property
                     Issues

       [5]   From:    NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org>                    (55)
             Subject: WORLD WIDE WEB CONFERENCE 2001

       [6]   From:    jason.mann@vanderbilt.edu                           (48)
             Subject: Asynchronous Learning Networks Conference and ALN Talk
                     On-Line Discussions

             Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:43:45 +0100
             From: Geoffrey Rockwell <grockwel@mcmaster.ca>

    Dear Humanists,

    The School of Art, Drama and Music at McMaster University is pleased to
    announce a one day symposium entitled 'Theatre and New Media: the meeting of
    two communications worlds'. The symposium is being held on November 17, 2000
    in Room 201 of Togo Salmon Hall at McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario.

    This event has been planned to coincide with a preview of a production by
    the Drama program of Shakespeare's Pericles, which will involve multimedia
    and with the visit to the University of the eminent London theatre designer,
    Chris Dyer.  The aim of the symposium is to draw attention to the increasing
    influence of new media on theatre and theatre on new media. In particular
    the impact of new media on theatrical research and on the teaching of
    theatre practice will be examined. A range of concrete examples in these two
    areas will be demonstrated.

    This event is open to anyone who would like to attend but space is limited
    so please return the registration form which is available on the web page as
    soon as possible.

    The program for the afternoon and the registration form are available at
    http://www.humanities.mcmaster.ca/~hamiltr/newmedia.html.

    For further information please contact

              Dr. Christie Carson:
              School of Art, Drama & Music