14.0148 History & Computing conference

From: Humanist Discussion Group (willard@lists.village.virginia.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 19:47:48 CUT

             Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 20:45:20 +0100
             From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org>
             Subject: CONFERENCE: History & Computing: Call Deadline Sept 15, 2000

    NINCH ANNOUNCEMENT
    News on Networking Cultural Heritage Resources
    from across the Community
    August 7, 2000

                          "Moving Clio into the New Millennium:
              Interaction, Visualization, Digitization, and Collaboration."
            American Association for History and Computing Annual Conference
                       February 1-3, 2001: Indianapolis, Indiana
                      Call for Papers DEADLINE: September 15, 2000
                                 <http://www.theaahc.org>http://www.theaahc.org

    >Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 14:00:45 -0400
    >From: H-NET List for News and Announcements <H-ANNOUNCE@H-NET.MSU.EDU>
    >
    >The American Association for History and Computing
    >Location: Indiana, United States
    >Call for Papers Deadline: 2000-09-15
    >
    >Call for Papers
    >
    >American Association for History and Computing Annual Meeting
    >
    >Conference Theme: "Moving Clio into the New Millennium: Interaction,
    >Visualization, Digitization, and Collaboration."
    >
    >Panel and paper proposals are now being solicited for the Annual Meeting of
    >the American Association for History and Computing. The 2001 Conference
    >will be held at the Indiana Convention Center and Indiana Historical
    >Society in Indianapolis, Indiana, February 1-3, 2001.
    >
    >University and college instructors, K-12 teachers, librarians, publishers,
    >editors, archivists, interpreters, students, software developers, and all
    >other history professionals are encouraged to participate. Many
    >opportunities for interdisciplinary exchange will be provided, and panel
    >and paper proposals on any topics relating to the use of digital
    >technologies in history are encouraged.
    >
    >All papers will also be considered for publication in the Journal of the
    >American Association of History and Computing and in a volume of essays
    >selected from conference sessions. We are pleased to announce that we have
    >been notified by ABC-CLIO, the publisher of many scholarly resources, that
    >articles published in the JAHC will be indexed and abstracted in both
    >Historical Abstracts and America: History and Life.
    >
    >Proposals may be made for either complete panels or individual papers.
    >Multimedia presentations are especially encouraged, but participants are
    >advised that they are responsible for providing their own laptop computers
    >and software as needed. The conference hosts will make available LCD
    >projectors and a limited number of live Internet connections.
    >
    >Suggested formats for full panels include three 30-minute papers, four
    >20-minute papers, or a round table format. Other innovative format
    >proposals will be considered. Proposals for complete panels should also
    >include a chair. A panel may include a formal comment or question and
    >response with the audience. All proposals must include a 200 word abstract
    >for each paper along with a brief vita for each participant. Please be sure
    >to indicate which member of the panel will serve as the contact person for
    >future correspondence. Please include the name, address, telephone number,
    >and e-mail address for each participant.
    >
    >Additional information about the conference and Indianapolis can be found
    >on the associations web site, listed below.
    >
    >DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: SEPTEMBER 15, 2000
    >
    >Please direct correspondence and inquires to Dennis Trinkle or Ken Dvorak
    >at the addresses and email links belo
    >

    >Contact information:
    >Dennis Trinkle
    >Executive Director
> [...]

    NINCH-Announce is an announcement listserv, produced by the National
    Initiative for a Networked Cultural Heritage (NINCH). The subjects of
    announcements are not the projects of NINCH, unless otherwise noted;
    neither does NINCH necessarily endorse the subjects of announcements. We
    attempt to credit all re-distributed news and announcements and appreciate
    reciprocal credit.

    For questions, comments or requests to un-subscribe, contact the editor:
    <<mailto:david@ninch.org>mailto:david@ninch.org>
    See and search back issues of NINCH-ANNOUNCE at
    <<http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninch-announce/>http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninc
    h-announce/>.