14.0044 subversive hypertext

From: Humanist Discussion Group (willard@lists.village.virginia.edu)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 05:25:30 CUT

       [1] From: Arun-Kumar Tripathi <tripathi@statistik.uni- (22)
                     dortmund.de>
             Subject: David Kolb on "Hypertext as Subversive?"

       [2] From: Arun-Kumar Tripathi <tripathi@statistik.uni- (22)
                     dortmund.de>
             Subject: Re: David Kolb on "Hypertext as Subversive?"

             Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 06:09:37 +0100
             From: Arun-Kumar Tripathi <tripathi@statistik.uni-dortmund.de>

    Greetings Humanist Scholars,

    It is an exquisite hono(u)r for me to greet you with an excellent
    quote of SOCRATES, "I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make
    them think"..and thought -this might interest you --A new hypertext
    essay, "Hypertext as Subversive?" written by David Kolb has been
    published in <a href="http://culturemachine.tees.ac.uk">Culture Machine2</a>
    The essay deals with hypertext writing, links and the ideal of the
    university, in the context of a dispute with Sanford Kwinter about
    whether a wired world and new media are by their nature oppressive.
    Congrats and my best wishes to Prof. David Kolb (a Jewel in the Crown).

    This second edition of "Culture Machine" journal has been drawn from the
    thoughts from "Nietzsche" by way of "Derrida's deconstruction" philosophy.

    When Prof. David Kolb, has mentioned the name of "Sanford Kwinter" --then
    I would like to share the REVIEW of his book, which he has co-edited with
    Jonathan Crary as, "Incorporations" -in "Modernism/modernity Issue" --can
    be read at <http://muse.jhu.edu/demo/mod/2.3br_crary.html>

    And, one more essay about "Sanford Kwinter" in *BODIES INCORPORATED* as, "
    Theoretical Appropriation for Somatic Invention" can also be read at
    <http://arts.ucsb.edu/bodiesinc/isea.html>

    Thank you!
    Sincerely
    Arun Tripathi

    On Sun, 28 May 2000, Arun-Kumar Tripathi wrote:

    [..message deleted for brevity..]

    > excellent quote of SOCRATES, "I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only
    > make them think..and thought -this might interest you --A new hypertext
    > essay, "Hypertext as Subversive?" written by David Kolb has been
    > published in <a href="http://culturemachine.tees.ac.uk">Culture
    Machine2</a>
    > The essay deals with hypertext writing, links and the ideal of the
    > university, in the context of a dispute with Sanford Kwinter about
    > whether a wired world and new media are by their nature oppressive.
    > Congrats and my best wishes to Prof. David Kolb (a Jewel in the Crown).
    >
    > This second edition of "Culture Machine" journal has been drawn from the
    > thoughts from "Nietzsche" by way of "Derrida's deconstruction" philosophy.

    Apologies for the glitches :-(

    > When Prof. David Kolb, has mentioned the name of "Sanford Kwinter" --then
    > I would like to share the REVIEW of his book, which he has co-edited with
    > Jonathan Crary as, "Incorporations" -in "Modernism/modernity Issue" --can
    > be read at <http://muse.jhu.edu/demo/mod/2.3br_crary.html>

    The correct URL for above is at
    <http://muse.jhu.edu/demo/modernism-modernity/2.3br_crary.html>

    Sorry