13.0543 workshop; conference

From: Humanist Discussion Group (willard@lists.village.virginia.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 20:43:48 CUT

       [1] From: lachance@chass.utoronto.ca (Francois Lachance) (27)
             Subject: Hawaii Intercultural Coursework Development

       [2] From: CPTS <phl002@abdn.ac.uk> (100)
             Subject: Nature and Technology

             Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 21:34:25 +0100
             From: lachance@chass.utoronto.ca (Francois Lachance)

    14th Summer Workshop for the
    Development of Intercultural
    Coursework for Colleges and Universities

    organized by

    College of Business Administration
    University of Hawaii at Manoa

       will be held in

    Honolulu, Hawaii

    June 21-30, 2000.

    Participants are limited to 25.

    Tuition fee: $950.00 (nine hundred and fifty US dollars).

    Please visit our website for the brochures for this year's program and
    application form.

       http://www.cba.hawaii.edu/ciber/icw-2000.htm

    Various terms are in common use to describe potential course offerings:
    cross-cultural, intercultural, comparative, international perspective,
    multicultural, interethnic, global, crossnational, and so forth. The
    important underlying commonality is a professor's willingness to integrate
    information on culture and cultural diversity when developing course
    offerings in the behavioral sciences, social sciences, business,
    education, language, and so forth

       D. P. S. Bhawuk
       Associate Professor of Management and Industrial Relations
       College of Business Administration
       University of Hawai'i at Manoa
       2404 Maile Way, Honolulu, HI 96822
       Tel: (808) 956-8732 (w) 955 2052 (h) Fax: 956-2774
       E-Mail: BHAWUK@CBA.HAWAII.EDU