13.0495 question & answer NLP devices?

From: Humanist Discussion Group (willard@lists.village.virginia.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 08:49:11 CUT

             Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 08:35:59 +0000
             From: "Philip A. Bralich, Ph.D." <bralich@hawaii.edu>
             Subject: Question and Answer NLP Devices

    I am currently trying to put together a focused and complete list of
    Question and Answer dialog systems that exist as for sale products on the
    web or as stand alone products. The list I am compiling will include
    products that can be purchased or downloaded as well as much larger
    projects that require a long term commitment of resources for both the
    developer and the client. The list should include search engine projects
    such as "Ask Jeeves" or those efforts that are proposing even more targeted
    question and answer systems than that company. Though I am primarily
    interested in working, ready to go products, promised products are also of
    interest. Also early stage start ups (e.g. ThrowNet.com) will be included
    as well. Please send your responses to me privately and I will post a
    summary to the list. University research may also be included, but I am
    primarily interested in work being done by the private sector.

    Phil Bralich

    Philip A. Bralich, Ph.D.
    President and CEO
    Ergo Linguistic Technologies