13.0383 Stanford Humanities Review 4.2

From: Humanist Discussion Group (willard@lists.village.virginia.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 07:10:45 CUT

             Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 22:05:20 +0000
             From: Glen Worthey <glenw@sulmail.stanford.edu>
             Subject: Re: 13.0376 two new on WWW; one questionable old one

    Willard recommended:
    > (2) "Constructions of the Mind: Artificial Intelligence and the
    > Humanities", Stanford Humanities Review 4.2
    > <http://www.stanford.edu/group/SHR/4-2/text/toc.html>.
    ....and noted:
    >(This one
    > points to articles on shr.stanford.edu, which seems to have been
    > down for the last couple of days. Does anyone know what the
    > problem is?)

    Though I don't have any connection to this publication other than
    geographic (does that even count anymore?) and institutional, I have
    discovered that if one simply replaces the "shr.stanford.edu/shreview/"
    chunk of the given URLs with "www.stanford.edu/group/SHR/" -- or,
    alternately, if one even more simply replaces the final chunk of the Table
    of Contents URL as given above with the final chunk of each given URL,
    e.g. <http://www.stanford.edu/group/SHR/4-2/text/introduction.html> --
    then we get to the articles -- which appear to be tempting reading indeed!

    I'm sending an e-mail to the website editors, which is a lot easier than
    walking across the street to talk to them -- or no, perhaps I will indulge
    in the perverse physical pleasures of our shirtsleeve February weather...

    Glen Worthey
    Humanities Digital Information Service
    Stanford University Libraries