13.0317 questionnaire on digital images

Humanist Discussion Group (willard@lists.village.virginia.edu)
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 14:10:58 -0500 (EST)

Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 19:06:07 +0000
From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org>
Subject: IMPACT OF DIGITAL IMAGES ON ART HISTORY: Online Questionnaire

NINCH ANNOUNCEMENT
News on Networking Cultural Heritage Resources
from across the Community
December 6, 1999

IMPACT OF DIGITAL IMAGES ON ART HISTORY: UK Online Questionnaire
<http://www.unn.ac.uk/iidr/CC/survey1.html>http://www.
<http://www.unn.ac.uk/iidr/CC/survey1.html>http://www.unn.ac.uk/iidr/CC/surv
ey1.html

The questionnaire cited in this announcement is part of COMPARE & CONTRAST,
a larger project funded by the UK's Arts & Humanities Research Board to
study the impact of digital image technology on art history.

David Green
===========

>Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 14:21:20 +0000 ()
> >From: Susan Jephcott <susan.jephcott@ahds.ac.uk>
>To: ahds-all@mailbase.ac.uk

forwarded by request of Margaret Graham at the Institute for Image
Data Research

THE IMPACT OF DIGITAL IMAGES ON ART HISTORY:
Online Questionnaire

If you are an art historian please read on!

We are conducting a survey into how digital images are being used now
by members of the art history community and how access to such images may
be changing the way research into art history is being conducted. Art history
is intended to encompass historians of all forms of visual culture including
design, architecture, photography and film. Please complete our online

questionnaire at:
<http://www.unn.ac.uk/iidr/CC/survey1.html>http://www.unn.ac.uk/iidr/CC/surv
ey1.html

(We estimate it should take about 15-20 minutes to fill in.)

The survey is intended for art historians, especially those involved
in higher education research or teaching. However, we are also
interested in hearing from librarians, curators and others in art galleries,
museums and other organisations, commercial or public, who use digital
images in
their work or research.

The research is being carried out within the Institute for Image Data
Research at the University of Northumbria by Professor Chris Bailey
and Mrs Margaret Graham and forms the first part of a larger, AHRB funded,
project: Compare and Contrast: a study of the impact of digital image
technology on art history. We will make the results of this
preliminary survey available as soon as possible. Watch for future mailings!

All information on the returned questionnaire will be treated in
confidence. If you would like to be involved in the next phase of the
project please complete the last section of the questionnaire with
your name and contact details. Please answer each question as fully as
possible. All the information that you can provide, however
incomplete, is useful to us.

If you have any queries about the questionnaire or the survey itself,
please contact either Chris or Margaret directly:

Professor Chris Bailey
Department of Historical and Critical Studies
Tel: 0191 227 3119
Email: c.bailey@unn.ac.uk

Margaret Graham
Institute for Image Data Research
Tel: 0191 227 4646
Email: margaret.graham@unn.ac.uk

Postal address:
Institute for Image Data Research
University of Northumbria at Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 8ST

Thanks for your time!
*Catherine Grout*Visual Arts Data Service Project Manager*
**Surrey Institute of Art & Design**Farnham**Surrey**

Providing, preserving and promoting . . .
high quality digital resources for the visual arts
NINCH-Anounce is an announcement listserv, produced by the National
Initiative for a Networked Cultural Heritage (NINCH). The subjects of
announcements are not the projects of NINCH, unless otherwise noted;
neither does NINCH necessarily endorse the subjects of announcements. We
attempt to credit all re-distributed news and announcements and appreciate
reciprocal credit.

For questions, comments or requests to un-subscribe, contact the editor:
<<mailto:david@ninch.org>mailto:david@ninch.org>
See and search back issues of NINCH-ANNOUNCE at
<<http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninch-announce/>http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninc
h-announce/>.

Humanist Discussion Group