13.0163 CFP: Computers and Writing

Mon, 30 Aug 1999 11:21:41 +0100 (BST)

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 11:12:54 +0100
From: Dene Grigar <dene@eaze.net>
Subject: CFP

Call for Proposals
Computers and Writing 2K Conference

Special Strand: Publishing
Strand Coordinators: Sue Webb (swebb@twu.edu) and James A. Inman
(jinman@umich.edu)

May 25-28, 2000 Fort Worth, TX
Hosted by Texas Womans University
Dene Grigar, Chair; Hugh Burns and John Barber, Co-Chairs
http://www.eaze.net/~jfbarber/cw2k/bridge.html

Deadline date: October 15, 1999

Computers & Writing (C&W), a national conference is actively soliciting
proposals for its upcoming conference, "Evolution, Revolution, and
Implementation: Computers and Writing for Global Change."

We invite proposals that examine the nature of contemporary publishing,
especially issues surrounding scholarly publishing (print/electronic
media, genres, values) and commercial publishing (role of theory,
academy/industry tension, future directions in textbook publishing).

Use the online proposal submission forms found at
http://www.eaze.net/~jfbarber/cw2k/proposalcall.html for full details
about formats for panels, presentations, posters, and workshops as well as
for proposal submission forms. Be sure to designate "Publishing" Strand
among the categories you identify for your proposal.

For more general information about the conference, visit our website at:
http://www.eaze.net/~jfbarber/cw2k/bridge.html.

You may contact the Strand Coordinators directly with specific questions
about the Special Strand Call for Proposals, or Dene Grigar, the
conference chair, with general questions about the conference. Dene
Grigar, TWU, P.O. Box 425829, Denton, TX 76204; 940-898-2298;
dene@eaze.net. Fax: 214-553-7764.

Humanist Discussion Group