13.0144 Web design competition

Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:51:54 +0100 (BST)

Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 12:00:30 +0100
From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk>
Subject: big competition

The Richard Rogers Partnership, architects of the Millennium Dome, the
Pompidou Centre, the Lloyds of London building and the European Court of
Human Rights in Strasbourg, is holding a competition for the design of
their Web site, with a first prize of 20,000 pounds sterling and a
contract, second prize of 1,000 pounds, third of 500 pounds. Read about it
at <http://www.richardrogers.co.uk/>. Give the major talent out there,
beyond the domain of humanities computing, I'd be surprised if any of us
have a chance. We can at least observe, from our academic high-ground, that
the Web is being taken quite seriously. Surely there are consequences and
opportunities (dangers too?) for us.

Yours,
WM

Humanist Discussion Group