13.0087 new on WWW: e-journals; Dict of Buddhism

Tue, 6 Jul 1999 15:58:46 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: Gerry McKiernan <gerrymck@IASTATE.EDU> (37)
Subject: M-Bed(sm): A Registry of Embedded Multimedia
Electronic Journals

[2] From: Charles Muller <acmuller@human.toyogakuen-u.ac.jp> (22)
Subject: New Release of Web Dictionary of Buddhism

Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 11:30:04 -0400
From: Gerry McKiernan <gerrymck@IASTATE.EDU>
Subject: M-Bed(sm): A Registry of Embedded Multimedia Electronic Journals

_ M-Bed(sm): A Registry of Embedded Multimedia Electronic Journals_

I am pleased to announcement the formal establishment of
a new registry of electronic journals that incorporate or integrate
embedded multimedia within their e-articles. The registry is
entitled:

_M-Bed(sm): A Registry of Embedded Multimedia Electronic Journals_

and is accessible from

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/M-Bed.htm

Currently the registry is only an alphabetical listing of identified
e-journal titles. As time permits, I will be preparing specialized indexes
by type of multimedia and plug-in as well. The registry
also contains a General Bibliography of key works on the topic of multimedia
in e-journals.

I have prepared a 2,000 word newsletter article on "Embedded
Multimedia in Electronic Journals" that is scheduled to be published within
the newsletter of the Special Interest Group on Visualization, Images, and
Sound (VIS) of the American Society for
Information Science (ASIS) in the near future. The address for the ASIS SIG
VIS is

http://www.asis.org/SIG/SIGVIS/news.html

I would greatly appreciate learning of additional multimedia e-journals
as well as receiving citations/sitations to any high-relevant literature not
currently listed for expanded article I will be preparing this summer for a
Fall deadline.

I wish to express my gratitude to all who contributed nominations for
this listing as well as relevant citations from my previous queries.

Thanks again to all!

/Gerry McKiernan
Theoretical Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck@iastate.edu

"Words still have ... primacy, but they can be illuminated by images and
moving pictures and by numbers and by sounds."
Tom Wilson / "In the Beginning Was the Word ..." / ELVIRA2: 4

P.S. Please explore the EmBEDed multimedia in the
registry's logo [Forgive for the link from the graphic -
my wife's from Michigan and I couldn't resist (Go (Big) Blue {;-)]