13.0039 conferences

Tue, 25 May 1999 20:25:27 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org> (60)
Subject: CONFERENCE: International Cultural Heritage
Informatics Meeting - Preliminary Program Available

[2] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (33)
Subject: GALWAY, IRELAND: LANGUAGE, VISION & MUSIC, AUGUST 9-
11/99

[3] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (30)
Subject: ichim99 Preliminary Program now available

[4] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (21)
Subject: EACL'99 and ACL'99 Reminders

[5] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (37)
Subject: 34th Colloquium of Linguistics - Last Call for Papers

[6] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (18)
Subject: Final CFP for NLPRS99

Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 20:25:50 +0100
From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org>
Subject: CONFERENCE: International Cultural Heritage Informatics Meeting - Preliminary Program Available

NINCH ANNOUNCEMENT
May 25, 1999

>Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 19:00:16 -0400
>To: ichim99@archimuse.com
>From: "J. Trant" <jtrant@archimuse.com>
>

>ichim99 ichim99 ichim99 ichim99 ichim99 ichim99 ichim99 ichim99
>99 International Cultural Heritage Informatics Meeting 99
>99 September 22 - 26, 1999 Washington, D.C. USA 99
>99
<http://www.archimuse.com/ichim99/>http://www.archimuse.com/ichim99/
99
>ichim99 ichim99 ichim99 ichim99 ichim99 ichim99 ichim99 ichim99
>

>The Preliminary Program for the fifth ICHIM meeting is now available online
>at <http://www.archimuse.com/ichim99/>http://www.archimuse.com/ichim99/
>
>Once again, staff of museums, archives, universities, hardware, software
>and network developers will meet to share ideas and learn from each others'
>experiences. Abstracts and speaker biographies are now online for a full
>range of sessions exploring:
>
> * New Users and Uses of Cultural Multimedia
> * Public Policy and International Issues
> * New Institutional Models
> * Economic, Political and Legal Challenges
> * Collaborations, Partnerships and Producing Income
>
>Pre-Conference Workshops also offer a range of in depth training
>opportunities for Educators, Curators, Exhibit Designers, Librarians
>Archivists, Software and Hardware Developers, or Cultural and Educational
>Publishers.
>
>Plan to join your colleagues to discuss theory, see the latest in practice,
>and explore the intersection between culture and technology.
>
>See you in Washington!
>
>David and jennifer
>________
>J. Trant & D. Bearman ichim99@archimuse.com
>Co-Chairs, ichim99 Washington, DC
>Archives & Museum Informatics September 23-26, 1999
>2008 Murray Ave, Suite D
<http://www.archimuse.com/ichim99/>http://www.archimuse.com/ichim99/
>Pittsburgh, PA 15217

David L. Green
Executive Director
NATIONAL INITIATIVE FOR A NETWORKED CULTURAL HERITAGE
21 Dupont Circle, NW
Washington DC 20036
<http://www.ninch.org>http://www.ninch.org
david@ninch.org
202/296-5346 202/872-0886 fax

See and search back issues of NINCH-ANNOUNCE at
<<http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninch-announce/>http://www.cni.org/Hforums/nin
ch-announce/>.

Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 20:26:35 +0100
From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu>
Subject: GALWAY, IRELAND: LANGUAGE, VISION & MUSIC, AUGUST 9-11/99

>> From: Paul Mc Kevitt <pmck@kom.auc.dk>

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
CSNLP-8 CSNLP-8 CSNLP-8 CSNLP-8 CSNLP-8 CSNLP-8 CSNLP-8 CSNLP-8 CSNLP-8 CSNLP-

"LANGUAGE, VISION & MUSIC"

<<CALL FOR PARTICIPATION>><<CALL FOR PARTICIPATION>><<CALL FOR PARTICIPATION>>
<<CALL FOR PARTICIPATION>><<CALL FOR PARTICIPATION>><<CALL FOR PARTICIPATION>>
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

The Eighth International Workshop on the
Cognitive Science of Natural Language Processing (CSNLP-8)
(http://www.it.ucg.ie/csnlp8/)

"LANGUAGE, VISION & MUSIC"

Monday 9th - Wednesday 11th August, 1999

National University of Ireland, Galway (NUI Galway)
GALWAY, IRELAND

in association with:
"Mind-IV: TWO SCIENCES OF MIND"
(Monday 16th - Thursday 19th August, 1999)
(Dublin City University, Ireland)
(http://www.compapp.dcu.ie/~tdoris/mind4.html)

"LANGUAGE, VISION & MUSIC"

What common cognitive patterns underlie our competence in these
disparate modes of thought? Language (natural & formal), vision and
music seem to share at least the following attributes: a hierarchical
organisation of constituents, recursivity, metaphor, the possibility
of self-reference, ambiguity, and systematicity. Can we propose the
existence of a general symbol system with instantiations in these
three modes or is the only commonality to be found at the level of
such entities as cerebral columnar automata? Also, we invite papers
which examine cross-cultural experience of these modalities.

What can Engineering of software platforms for integrated Intelligent
MultiModal & MultiMedia processing of language/vision/music/etc. tell
us?

[material deleted]

[...]

2008 Murray Ave, Suite D http://www.archimuse.com/ichim99/
Pittsburgh, PA 15217