12.0603 humanists and Internet II

Sat, 1 May 1999 08:21:54 +0100 (BST)

Date: Sat, 01 May 1999 07:37:31 +0100
From: Mike Ledgerwood <mledgerwood@ms.cc.sunysb.edu>
Subject: Re: 12.0596 humanists & Internet II

How about those of us in Language Study who use Real Audio/Video,
VDOLive, Vivoactive, or other types of "television" plug-ins to
bring target language TV to our students. We also use Internet Phone,
and videoconferencing for classroom exchanges and for mentoring
activities. Tell me that these applications are not bandwidth-
intensive....

Best to all, Mike Ledgerwood
Prof of French and Education and Technology
State University of New York at Stony Brook, USA

Humanist Discussion Group