12.0583 conferences, calls, summer school, lecture

Mon, 26 Apr 1999 22:13:26 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (27)
Subject: Second CfP: Inference in Computational Semantics
(ICoS-1)

[2] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (33)
Subject: ACL'99 Registration Brochure

[3] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (40)
Subject: Oxford Text Encoding Summer School [TESS]

[4] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (52)
Subject: 34th Colloquium of Linguistics - 2nd Call for Papers

[5] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (24)
Subject: IWPT'99 Call for Papers

[6] From: Elli Mylonas <ELLI@BROWNVM.BITNET> (44)
Subject: Paul Dourish on CSCW 4/29

Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 22:01:22 +0100
From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu>
Subject: Second CfP: Inference in Computational Semantics (ICoS-1)

>> From: mdr@wins.uva.nl (Maarten de Rijke)

SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS

First workshop on

INFERENCE IN COMPUTATIONAL SEMANTICS
ICoS-1

Institute for Logic, Language and Computation
Amsterdam, August 15, 1999

(Submission deadline: June 1, 1999)

ABOUT ICoS
Traditional inference tools (such as theorem provers and model builders)
are reaching new levels of sophistication and are now widely and easily
available. In addition, a wide variety of new tools (statistical and
probabilistic methods, ideas from the machine learning community) are
likely to be increasingly applied in computational semantics for natural
language. Indeed, computational semantics has reached the stage where the
exploration and development of inference is one of its most pressing tasks
--- and there's a lot of interesting new work which takes inferential
issues seriously.

The first workshop on Inference in Computational Semantics (ICoS-1) intends
to bring together researchers from areas such as Computational Linguistics,
Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, and Logic, in order to discuss
approaches and applications of inference in natural language semantics.

[material deleted]

FURTHER INFORMATION
Detailed information about the program, and about registration and
accommodation will be made available at a later stage. For further
information, please contact the local organizers at icos1@wins.uva.nl or
visit the ICoS-1 home page: http://www.illc.uva.nl/~mdr/ICoS/