12.0567 quotation found (thanks to LION)

Tue, 20 Apr 1999 20:21:09 +0100 (BST)

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 20:24:58 +0100
From: Stephen Pocock <stephen.pocock@chadwyck.co.uk>
Subject: RE: 12.0565 source?

Longfellow: The Spanish Student, Act 1 Sc III:

152 The greatest of thy sex excels thee not!
153 The world of the affections is thy world,
154 Not that of man's ambition. In that stillness
155 Which most becomes a woman, calm and holy,
156 Thou sittest by the fireside of the heart,
157 Feeding its flame. The element of fire
158 Is pure. It cannot change nor hide its nature,
159 But burns as brightly in a Gypsy camp
160 As in a palace hall. Art thou convinced?

(from Chadwyck-Healey's Literature Online)