12.0546 guidelines for evaluation

Sat, 10 Apr 1999 18:50:23 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: <cbf@socrates.Berkeley.EDU> (50)
Subject: Re: 12.0544 guidelines for evaluation?

[2] From: Willard McCarty <Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk> (43)
Subject: criteria

Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 18:52:07 +0100
From: "by way of Humanist <humanist@kcl.ac.uk>" <cbf@socrates.Berkeley.EDU>

The faculty senate at UC Berkeley has addressed the question of electronic
publications. I don;t have the exact statement to hand, but the gist is
that they are to be evaluated and weighted exactly as print prublications
are.

Thus if they appear in a peer-revewed electronic journal, they are to be
iven exactly as much credence as if they appear in a peer-reviewed print
journal.

Charles Faulhaber Department of Spanish UC Berkeley, CA 94720-2590
(510) 642-3781 FAX (510) 642-7589 cbf@socrates.berkeley.edu