12.0506 Macs vs PCs in French departments?

Sat, 20 Mar 1999 16:56:47 +0000 (BST)

Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 16:56:22 +0000
From: Thierry van Steenberghe <100342.254@compuserve.com>
Subject: Mac or PC or ?

Dear Humanists,

Everybody knows the proportion of Mac vs PC in the world at large: it's
something like 10/90.

Now, I would like to know what this proportion looks like in the *French
linguistics/language and litterature departments* of universities?

And what could it be within the other "(French) language workers"
communities, such as that of translators?

Where could I find this information, if it exists? Or how could I collect
it?
Would I dare to invite the concerned audience of this list to give me their
estimation of the ratio in their departments?

Thanks already to those who would care to give me their hints.
In any case, I'll post a summary of my findings on the list.

Thierry

Thierry van Steenberghe

tvs@info.ucl.ac.be
t_vs@compuserve.com