12.0478 a call and a conference

Tue, 2 Mar 1999 19:21:56 +0000 (BST)

[1] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (61)
Subject: CFP: Open call for _Henry Street_ 8.2

[2] From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu> (25)
Subject: ESSLLI'99 Student Session - Last CfP

Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 19:13:45 +0000
From: "David L. Gants" <dgants@english.uga.edu>

>> From: Henry Street <henryst@is2.dal.ca>

CALL FOR PAPERS
===============
Henry Street:
A Graduate Review of Literary Study

Invites submissions for our upcoming general issue

Henry Street 8.2
Deadline: June 1, 1999

_Henry Street_, now in its eighth year of publication, is an inter-
national forum for graduate students of English and related disciplines.
We invite contributions of original and scholarly contributions to current
research on literatures in English from all historical periods, material
culture, pedagogy, and critical theory. In addition to welcoming papers from
a broad range of critical perspectives, the journal is particularly
receptive to unconventional or personal approaches that open new avenues of
investigation in literary and cultural criticism.

Graduate students and recent graduates are encouraged to submit critical and
occasional essays, short fiction, and poetry. Chapters of theses and
conference papers are acceptable, provided they are sufficiently edited and
rigorous enough to stand alone as critical articles.

_Henry Street_ is indexed by the MLA and the Canadian Periodicals Index.

SUBMISSIONS
===========

To be considered for publication, submissions must be double-spaced
throughout (including endnotes and works cited) and follow MLA guidelines
for citation and presentation. Submissions should not exceed 7000 words in
length. To facilitate our process of anonymous reading, the author's name
should not appear on the manuscript.

Send two copies of submissions, and include a self-addressed return
envelope accompanied either by Canadian stamps or international reply
coupons. Manuscripts submitted without SASE cannot be returned. The cover
letter must indicate the author's degree status and university affiliation.

Send your submission to:

Brian Johnson, Editor
_Henry Street_
Department of English
Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada
B3H 3J5

You can send e-mail inquiries to henry.street@dal.ca and find out more about
us at our web page (http://is2.dal.ca/~henryst). Note that we do not accept
submissions by e-mail.

_Henry Street_ 8.1 includes:

Andrew Lesk
Untenable Imaginings and Imagined Communities: Robert Lecker on the
Failings of Criticism

Robert Lecker
Response to Andrew Lesk

Kathy MacConnell
Enquiries Concerning Human Misunderstanding: Theory, Speculation, Practice

Gabriela Hilti
"That Dangerous Supplement," Intertextuality: Gossip and History in
Michael Ondaatje's _Running in the Family_

Tim Conley
The Truth about Dr. Johnson's Cat

Reviews of books by Judith Butler, Gerard Genette, and Anthony Grafton, and
on Mina Loy.

Poetry and fiction by Tania MacDonald, Celeste Bowering, Odipo Agbolauje,
and Kathleen Reiland.