12.0296 French e-dictionary

Mon, 9 Nov 1998 22:23:32 +0000 (GMT)

Date: Friday, November 06, 1998 10:31 PM
Subject: 12.0286 Frenc-Englishh e-dictionary?

> Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 12, No. 286.
> Centre for Computing in the Humanities, King's College London
> <http://www.princeton.edu/~mccarty/humanist/>
> <http://www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/humanist/>
>
> Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 17:08:04 -0800
> From: Daniel Boyarin <boyarin@uclink4.Berkeley.EDU>
> >
>Does anyone know of a good French-English dictionary on disk?
>thanks
>db

>> From: "Owen Lock" <olock@worldnet.att.net>

I haven't tried it as yet, but in England Oxford is selling one which may be
purchased alone or in combination with a German and a Spanish, i.e., all
three on a single cd-rom. I have tried the German and a Russian (also by
Oxford but not available in combination with other languages), and find them
both quite handy. Especially as the German may be loaded onto one's hard
disk, and thus may be used without the necessity of carrying the cd-rom.

I have not found these on sale in the United States, but ordered them
on-line via what was then the UK online bookstore Bookpages, now Amazon UK
or some such. Delivery took a week or so to New Jersey.

Humanist Discussion Group