12.0196 new on WWW

Thu, 10 Sep 1998 21:15:05 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: David Green <david@ninch.org> (186)
Subject: WEB RESOURCES: Museum Documentation Association Re-
Launched; ArchivesUSA; NYU Humanities Computing:
Online Humanities Resources

[2] From: David Green <david@ninch.org> (537)
Subject: The Scout Report: selection Aug 7-Sept 4

[3] From: Nbeagrie@aol.com (48)
Subject: HDS User Needs Workshop Report<fwd>

[4] From: David Green <david@ninch.org> (60)
Subject: AHDS WORKSHOP REPORTS

[5] From: Pierre Godefroy <godefroy@ISSN.ORG> (66)
Subject: ISSN Online : the ISSN Register is now available on
the Web

Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 23:36:50 -0500
From: David Green <david@ninch.org>
Subject: WEB RESOURCES: Museum Documentation Association
Re-Launched; ArchivesUSA; NYU Humanities Computing: Online Humanities
Resources

NINCH ANNOUNCEMENT
September 6, 1998

1. MIDDLE ENGLISH COMPENDIUM NOW ONLINE
<http://www.hti.umich.edu/mec/>

2. AMERICAN PHILOSOPHICAL SOCIETY:
NEW ONLINE GUIDE TO MANUSCRIPT COLLECTIONS
<http://www.amphilsoc.org>

3. NYU's NEW HUMANITIES COMPUTING WEBSITE
http://www.nyu.edu/acf/humanities/

4. UK's MUSEUM DOCUMENTATION ASSOCIATION RELAUNCHED
http://www.mda.org.uk/

5. CHADWYCK-HEALEY EXPANDS ArchivesUSA DIRECTORY
http://update.chadwyck.com/update/email.htm.

6. ART & SCIENCE UPDATES

1. MIDDLE ENGLISH COMPENDIUM NOW ONLINE
<http://www.hti.umich.edu/mec/>

>From: Chris Powell <sooty@UMICH.EDU>
>>To: DIGLIB@INFOSERV.NLC-BNC.CA

The University of Michigan Digital Library Production Service is pleased
to announce the availability of the Middle English Compendium at
http://www.hti.umich.edu/mec/

The Compendium provides access to and interconnectivity among three
resources: an electronic version of the Middle English Dictionary, a
HyperBibliography of Middle English prose and verse based on the MED
bibliographies, and a full-text Corpus of Middle English Prose and Verse.

The MED and the Corpus are encoded in SGML using the Text Encoding
Initiative Guidelines. The first installment (currently online) includes
1,073 HyperBibliography entries covering 1,526 copies of Middle English
texts, 15,940 MED entries covering M-U (more than one-third of the
projected complete print MED), and 42 searchable texts in the Corpus.

The Compendium is currently available for free during this testing period
(until December 31, 1998); after this time, it will be available
by institutional site license only through the University of Michigan
Press. See http://www.press.umich.edu/webhome/mec/siteform.html for details.

We would appreciate any questions or comments about the functionality of
the Compendium; email us at mec-info@umich.edu.

Christina Powell
Coordinator, Humanities Text Initiative
University of Michigan
http://www.hti.umich.edu/

2. AMERICAN PHILOSOPHICAL SOCIETY:
NEW ONLINE GUIDE TO MANUSCRIPT COLLECTIONS
<http://www.amphilsoc.org>

>Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:43:52 EDT
>From: "Martin L. Levitt" <110253@VM.TEMPLE.EDU>
>Subject: New on-line resource, American Philosophical Society

The American Philosophical Society Library is pleased to announce
that its on-line guide to manuscript collections is now available
with a keyword search engine. This new feature allows more intensive
searching than the former browse-only on-line guide (which remains
available as well).

For those interested, please point your browser to http://www.amphilsoc.org
and follow the links "Library," then "Manuscripts Guide." Your comments
and suggestions about the utility of this feature, or improvements,
are welcome.

Marty Levitt